IWS SURVEY – 2021 ANNUAL MEETING
Fellow IWS Artists,
Your Board has become aware of an opportunity to hold our annual meeting this year in the Sawtooth Basin. We think this is an exciting opportunity, not only because of the amazing painting options, but because the Sawtooth Basin is more centrally located than Boise and we are in hopes that this spot will draw IWS artists from across the State of Idaho.
So, here are some of the details:
· The Annual Meeting COULD be held at Luther Heights Bible Camp at Lake Alturas, which is between Stanley and Galena Summit. The Camp is not used that time of year, so we would have it to ourselves. (cook staff and managers on site as well)
· The dates available are Thursday, September 2 through Sunday, September 5.
· The total cost for artists for the weekend is $150 per person, which includes accommodations, and all meals.
· Price also includes a guest artist who will provide painting inspiration, suggested topics for the day and lead evening critiques.
· Luther Heights Bible Camp can accommodate 60 people.
· Lodging accommodations are in cabins with bunk beds outfitted with mattresses. You would need to bring your own sleeping bag and pillow.
· Each cabin will accommodate 6 people. (new Covid standards)
· Each cabin has a very nice, newly renovated bathroom & shower.
· The camp has a magnificent lodge where meals are served and where you could paint during the day. It is also where daily critiques will be held in the evening.
· There are two motor home spots available within the camp
· Lake Alturas, just across the road, can accommodate 11 campsites. NOTE: This is Labor Day Weekend, so if you find you are interested in staying in the lakeside campsites, Alturas Inlet Campground, reservations can be made through www.recreation.gov
· If artists utilize accommodations other than Luther Heights, the cost is $75
· This location provides wonderful opportunities for plein air painting, hiking, boating, fishing, etc.
Please review the information above and reply to the survey below, so we know if there is sufficient interest among our members to host our Annual Meeting at this beautiful rustic location. We need a quorum for the Annual Meeting, so if there is not sufficient interest, the Board will make plans to hold the meeting as usual in Boise. Click on the link below to complete the survey.
For effective planning, please respond to this survey by March 10th.
Your IWS Board