IWS is Zooming
Wednesday, April 14, 7 – 9 p.m.
Fun, Friendly and Helpful !
The address: https://boisestate.zoom.us/j/93638474472
IWS ANNUAL MEETING – STANLEY, IDAHO
SEPTEMBER 10-11, 2021
Based on your positive feedback to hosting the IWS annual meeting in a more central location, we have solidified plans.
Also based on feedback at the proposed camp location, we have decided to hold the meeting in a resort location in Stanley, where accommodations are more comfortable.
So here are the details. We hope you will be as excited as your Board is for this event.
DATE: Friday, September 10 – Saturday, September 11
LOCATION: Mountain Village Resort, Stanley, Idaho.
- This facility has a 61-room lodge and an RV park
- Restaurant, conference room, hot springs
- Address: 3 Eva Falls Ave, Stanley, ID 83278
- Phone: (208) 774-3661
- Website: http://www.mountainvillage.com
PRICES: Rooms have double or queen beds, many with 2 queens and prices range from $99 per night to $199 per night, per room.
IMPORTANT NOTE: it is highly recommended you book your reservation as soon as possible if you plan to attend the annual meeting.
IF YOU BOOK A RESERVATION, PLEASE LET DAVE DILLON, IWS PRESIDENT, KNOW YOU WILL BE ATTENDING AND HOW MANY IN YOUR PARTY. HIS EMAIL IS BELOW.
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
This is the time of year where we elect leaders for the coming year(s). If you are interested in a leadership position or would like to nominate someone you think would provide strong, exciting leadership to help steer this statewide organization, please contact Mareth Warren (email address below). Mareth, as Vice President, is leading a nominations committee to provide a ballot of officer candidates before our September meeting.
ACTIVITIES FOR THE WEEKEND (Still in the planning stages)
- Activities will begin Friday afternoon and continue through Saturday evening
- A series of Art Talks throughout the weekend – offered at no charge
- Opportunities to do some plein air painting in the beautiful Stanley Basin
- Short membership meeting with election of officers
- Banquet following the membership meeting. As we have in the past the banquet will be at the member’s expense. Cost and menu will follow.
- Art show of member’s works with Resort sponsored wine tasting. The resort has offered to promote this event within the valley and it could be a great opportunity to sell your work. More info to come.
If you have questions, contact any member of your Board of Directors:
Dennis Dillon, President: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mareth Warren, Vice President: email@example.com
Carol HasBrouck Browning, Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Spoor, Treasurer: email@example.com
Dennis Hayzlett, Past President: firstname.lastname@example.org