IWS ANNUAL MEETING
SEPTEMBER 15-16, 2023
311 Village Drive, TAMARACK RESORT, Tamarack, ID. 83615
We are thrilled to announce that this year’s annual meeting will be held at the beautiful Tamarack Resort in Tamarack, Idaho, near Donnelly. Your Board’s goal for the past couple of years has been to move the annual meeting around the State and it is our hope that this centrally located resort will get you as excited as we are about this gathering. This will be a great opportunity to make new members, renew old friendships and advance your artistic skills. Check out Tamarack Resort’s website: https://tamarackidaho.com
Here are a few details:
Friday, September 15 & Saturday, September 16
Link to Resort: https://tamarackidaho.com/
- Art Show & Sale
- The resort has offered us the opportunity to hold a 2-day art show in the central plaza, that is surrounded by shops and restaurants. This would be a great place to sell your work. Many new condo owners! More details to come.
- The Business of Art – Friday afternoon
- Friday afternoon we will host a series of art talks by a variety of art professionals that will share their expertise in some of the following subjects: Framing, entering shows, setting up booths in art fairs to maximize sales, marketing your work, advice on getting into galleries, social media, websites and more. Click here to respond to the survey. This survey will allow you to tell us what areas are most important to you.
- Art Workshop – Saturday 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Details to be announced shortly including available number and price.
- Paint Out – Saturday 10:00 – 2:00pm
- For those interested in a plein air experience, we will have a plein air artist in the plaza available to lead you to locations with great views.
- Social Hour – Saturday 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- A cash bar is available on the patio overlooking the mountains, just outside the Fern & Feather meeting room.
- Dinner and Annual Meeting – Saturday 6:00pm – 8:30pm
- Dinner will be $40 per person
- A large part of our annual meeting this year will be sharing a proposed strategic 5-year plan for IWS, with a goal of maintaining a vibrant organization.
A FEW MORE DETAILS
- Room Rates – special rates have been set aside for our event and the resort has extended these special rates two dates prior to the event and two dates after, in case members want to extend their time at the resort. Seventeen rooms have been set in a block for IWS and reservations must be made by August 18. Individuals will need to make their own reservations with Tamarack by calling: 1-208-325-1009.
- Room prices are as follows:
- Lodge – King Room $129.00 Per Unit, Per Night (5 units reserved)
- Lodge – Queen Room $144.00 Per Unit, Per Night (3 units reserved)
- Lodge – Studio Condo $139.00 Per Unit, Per Night (3 units reserved)
- Village – Studio Condo $174.00 Per Unit, Per Night (2 units reserved)
- Village – 2BR Condo $224.00 Per Unit, Per Night (3 units reserved)
- Cottage – 2BR $224.00 Per Unit, Per Night (1 unit reserved)
- This block of rooms could sleep 35 people. There could be others available, but it would be space available and might not be at the same discounted price. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. There could also be lodging available in nearby Donnelly.
CLICK THIS LINK FOR ROOM RESERVATIONS AT TAMARACK: Idaho Watercolor Society
CLICK THIS LINK TO RESPOND TO THE SURVEY TO VOTE ON TOPICS TO BE PRESENTED AT THE ANNUAL MEETING: Link to Survey
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
IWS ANNUAL MEETING REGISTRATION
To register for a great weekend at Tamarack Resort, email or print out and mail the following information to Carol HasBrouck Browning firstname.lastname@example.org
- MEMBER NAME__________________________________
- GUEST NAME (f applicable) __________________________________
__ I am interested in participating in art show and sale
__ I am interested in the workshop Saturday, September 16. 9:00am – 3:00pm
Instructor – Jack Dykstra, longtime member of Montana Watercolor Society and new member of IWS. Price $50 includes lunch.
__ Interested in plein air painting – Saturday, September 16, 10:00am – 2:00pm
__ Will attend annual meeting and banquet $35.00 per person.
# of banquet attendees _______
Mail checks to Carol HasBrouck Browning 71 W Arnaz St., Meridian, ID 83646
Tamarack Resort Room Reservations can be made by clicking the link just above this reservation form.