IDAHO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY
EXPERIMENTAL ART – ANYTHING GOES
DIGITAL MEMBERSHIP EXHIBITION
SHOW JUROR – RUTH ARMITAGE – Ruth is a signature member of the National Watercolor Society, the Northwest Watercolor Society, numerous other societies, and the Past President of the Watercolor Society of Oregon. Ruth’s award-winning work has been included in various national publications and exhibitions. In 2004 her work was profiled on Oregon Public Broadcasting’s Oregon Art Beat. Ruth works in watercolor, acrylic, and oil mixed with cold wax, but viewers often have difficulty telling them apart. The use of strong, saturated color has become her hallmark.
JURYING PROCESS – The juror will select paintings from those submitted and paintings juried into the show will be available for viewing on the ArtCall Gallery and on the IWS Website.
ELIGIBILITY – All entrants must be active members of the Idaho Watercolor Society. Annual dues of $40 must be paid before entering the show. To pay dues, send a check payable to IWS to Membership Chair, Lynn McConnell, 52 S. Grays Ln, Nampa, ID 83687. Or you may pay dues on the IWS Website: ttps://www.idahowatercolorsociety.org
PAINTING SPECIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS – Entries must be original. All entries must have been painted within the last year and must be entirely the work of the entrant. No entry can have been created under the supervision of an instructor.
PURPOSE – The purpose of this show is to nudge us out of our comfort zones and to experiment with new processes, techniques, or materials. So, your entry must represent a new and experimental piece for you. The entries will be entered into ArtCall and a description of why it is experimental for you will be required as part of your entry.
ANYTHING GOES – Although it must be at least 50% water-based medium. Any other medium may be included. Any substrate may be used. All work must be suitable for family viewing.
ENTRY FEES – The fee for entering one painting in the show is $35. One entry per artist.
AWARDS – Of the pieces juried into the digital show, the juror will select three (3) paintings. The first prize will be $300. The second prize is $200 and the third prize is $100.
The three award-winning paintings will be announced at the Annual Meeting in Idaho Falls.
DIGITAL ENTRY SPECIFICATIONS MUST BE EXACTLY AS FOLLOWS:
- File format: Use only .jpg
- Resolution: 300 dpi
- Submissions must be less than 4Mb and a maximum of 4800px on the longest side.
- DEADLINE FOR HELP July 25th
- If you are not sure your image file is per specifications, please seek assistance BEFORE you enter on ArtCall.org.
SUBMISSIONS WITH ArtCall
- ArtCall entries are open beginning May 1, 2022
- IWS will again be using an electronic entry process for this show.
- To Enter – Log onto ArtCall by typing the following link into your browser. IWSExperimentalExhibition.artcall.org
- If this is your first year entering on ArtCall, you can create an artist profile at any time and make changes until the entry deadline. Be sure to retain your Username and Password when you set up your Artist Profile. You will need that to get back into the site during the entry process.An alternative way to get to ArtCall is to:
- “Google” artcall.org
- Go to the heading “Open Calls For Entry”
- On that page under “filters” ……..choose “Idaho” for the state
- Hit “filter calls”
- If you participated in the electronic entry process last year, you may use your existing Username and Password to get to your account pages on the site.
- If you are not familiar with submitting entries electronically on ArtCall contact Carol HasBrouck Browning at 864-423-2521 or Scott Muscolo at 805-795-0252.
- For Exhibition questions, contact Cherry Woodbury at 208-658-0978.
- Payment will be made through ArtCall via credit card.
- Upload a digital image of your painting from your computer. (See Digital Entry Specifications section above)
Deadline for painting submission: August 1st by 11:30 pm Mountain Time
Show judged results: August 15th by 8:30 pm Mountain Time
Notification of winners: August 17th
Award-winning paintings will be displayed at the Annual Meeting in the Carr Gallery in Idaho Falls. Awards will be presented at the Annual Meeting on September 9-10, 2022.